Southern Peach Cobbler
To Serve Ten
3 large fresh peaches
2 large cans of Canned Sliced Peaches, in Juice
1 Package/Box of Peach Cobbler/Topping Mix
2 Large White Eggs
- Wash and slice 3 large fresh peaches. Make sure to remove and discard the pits.
- Drain the two large cans of sliced peaches. Combine the sliced canned peaches and sliced fresh peaches into a large mixing bowl.
- Liberally added table sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the peaches.
- Add ½ cup of all-purpose flour, 1 large egg, and ¼ cup of vegetable oil to the bowl.
- Stir the mixture. It should have a thick consistency. When baking, the peaches will produce their own moisture, which will provide a rich consistency when served.
- Spray a large glass baking dish with cooking spray, preferably butter-flavored.
- Pour and evenly distribute the peach mixture into the large glass baking dish.
- For the Peach Cobbler Topping, follow the instruction on the box if you purchased a topping mix. If you prefer to make the mixture from scratch, sift 1 cup of flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl, ½ cup of table sugar, ½ teaspoon of iodized salt and fold in 1 whole egg, ¼ cup of margarine, and 1/2 cup of sweetened-condensed milk . Pour the topping on top of the peach mixture in the glass baking dish. Spread it evenly over the top of the peach mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or a scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.